Operating system version: macOS 10.15 (64-bit) or higher
RAM: at least 2 GB
Free disk space: 120 Mb
How to install AdGuard VPN for Mac
- To install AdGuard VPN for Mac, just follow this link or open a browser, type adguard-vpn.com in the address bar and on the opened page click Download.
- Wait until the download of the AdGuardVPN.dmg file is finished and open it in the "Downloads" folder.
- Wait until the installation program window opens. Double-click the icon in it.
- When you first start AdGuard VPN, the operating system will show a warning on the screen that this application has been downloaded from the Internet. Click Open.
- Then click Continue and Install.
6. Wait for the installer to download the necessary files.
AdGuard VPN for Mac is installed!
How to uninstall AdGuard VPN for Mac
To uninstall AdGuard VPN for Mac, follow two simple steps:
Open "Finder" and go to the "Programs" section.
Select AdGuard VPN from the list, right-click it and then click Move to Trash.
Sometimes, as a result of incorrect removal, or in other rare cases, the standard uninstallation may not be enough. Then the support service may ask you to do an advanced uninstallation in order to completely remove AdGuard VPN from your Mac. To do this, do the following:
- Follow the steps described in the section "Standard uninstallation".
- Open "Finder" or "Spotlight" and enter
Keychainin the search.
- Click the icon of the found program and enter
com.adguard.mac.vpnin the search. If there is such a record in the search results, delete it.
- Go back to "Finder" or "Spotlight" and enter
- Open the program and enter the command —
defaults delete com.adguard.mac.vpn.
- Press Space bar and enter another command —
rm -f ~/Library/Group\ Containers/TC3Q7MAJXF.com.adguard.mac/Library/Preferences/TC3Q7MAJXF.com.adguard.mac.plist.
AdGuard VPN has been completely removed from your Mac.
You can learn more about AdGuard VPN for Mac in this article.